Samstag, 19. April 2014

Training when sick?



Hey there!


Just guess what... I caught a cold 2 days ago and I am feeling so damn miserable since then.Usually I don't care if I am sick or not, especially when it is ONLY a cold. But since I can hardly breath and I have to cough all the time, I think it's best for me if I take a little break. So no gym for me for the rest of the week. I know a lot of people, just like me too, that workout even though they are sick. But is it really OK to hit the gym when you're sick?


I would say that moderate physical activity is OK if you only have a cold and no fever. Exercise can actually help you to feel better by opening your nasal passages and relieving nasal congestion. But if you can hardly breath, like me, or if you have to cough all the time, I think it's still best to stay at home for at least 1 or 2 days until it gets better.


Like already said, exercising is OK if you only have a common cold, a runny nose , nasal congestion , sneezing or a minor sore throat. But you have to reduce the intensity and the length of your workout. For example instead of going for a run, take a walk.


I don't recommend to workout if you have something like chest congestion, hacking cough or upset stomach. And I highly advise NOT to workout if you have a fever, fatigue or widespread muscle aches.



But just let your body be your guide! If you have a common cold but still feel so miserable, just like me, stay at home and take a hot bath! It's better for you and your body to recover. If you are about to feel better you can resume your normal workout routine again. But to be 100% sure, go and see a doctor.

When I got a cold I take a cozy hot bath with a magical fairy combination of these two. Awesome!

But remember!
If you are sick but still want to workout, make sure to reduce the length and the intensity of your workout as your body is already affected. You could risk to catch a more serious injury or illness!

If you are sick too, get well soon and have a nice 'recovery-weekend' !

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen